1:00pm, $100 General | $90 Member
Opening on Saturday, April 12th, 5-9pm
Seeing Green encourages artists to leave the confines of the studio and take an active role with the community, to collaborate and address issues of the environment, and to open a dialog with the public.
Guest curator Nicolas Lampert invited 45 local artists to work on a project for the duration of eight months. During the month of April, the show will be exhibited at Woodland Pattern Book Center where the gallery will serve as a hub space, informing the viewer and the public of the many environmental projects taking place throughout the city, exhibiting visual work and books, screening films and holding discussions and events based around the exhibition.
Sunday, March 30th, 2pm
- Reading by California authorRebecca Solnit,
Wednesday, April 16
- 4:30-6pm, Curator talk by Nicolas Lampert
- 7-9pm, Film Screening. As part of the Seeing Green Exhibition, Woodland Pattern will present several 5 minute films and videos on urban ecology issues. Filmmakers include: Lane Hall, Lisa Moline, Lindsay Holden, Brandon Bauer, Polina Malikin, Brian Carlson, Ray Chi, Eddee Daniel, Suzanne Rosenblatt, Spencer Tepper, Zachary Nesgoda, and Devan Schneider
Wednesday, April 23rd, 7-9pm
- Artist/Scientist/Community Activist talk, (presentations by Chris Cornelius, RiverPulse, Susan Simensky-Bietila)
Wednesday, April 30th, 7-9pm
- Artist/Scientist/Community Activist talk, (presentations by Raoul Dealand Larry Adams; Mary Osmundsen, Andrea Fuentes, José M., Monica G. and Adolfo G.; Lane Hall, Lisa Moline and Dr. Rudi Strickler)