We are always looking for volunteers to help out in the bookstore, during special events, and in other capacities. Those interested in gaining non-profit experience, knowledge of the literary world and of book store operations, please contact Marla Sanvick at email@example.com or 414.263.5001
After 15 hours, volunteers are eligible for a 30% discount on store merchandise and free admittance to events (some restrictions do apply).
Woodland Pattern is looking for enthusiastic and reliable Bookstore Volunteers! We are especially in need of volunteers to help fill Tuesday-Friday 5-8pm and Saturday-Sunday 12p-5p. Weekend availability required.
Bookstore volunteers work on a rotating schedule so that no one person works every weekend.
Special Events Volunteers
We hold four special events per year:
- Poetry Marathon in January
- Community Ties Raffle during Locust Street Festival in June
- HAIKU/BIKeU during Riverwest 24 in July
- Annual Anniversary Gala in November
Every year we call volunteers to ask if they're available to help out during the actual events. Call us to be added to the list.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently searching for volunteers interested in working closely with specific staff on specialized projects. Inquire for more information to volunteer in these areas:
- Marketing, Social Media, & Development
- Programming, Inventory, & Distribution
- Systems & Data Management
Join our team and volunteer!
For almost forty years, our doors have remained open to further a lifetime practice of reading and writing for all. We are proud to play an important role in bringing together artists and communities with programs.
As a 501(c)3 tax-exempt, non-profit organization, we could not have done it without you.
With your support, Woodland Pattern:
- Hosts over 250 events annually—poetry readings, film screenings, musical performances, and art exhibitions
- Provides after-school and summer literary arts education to over 300 students in the Riverwest/Harambee area
- Offers workshops, master classes with visiting writers, and other adult education opportunities
- Offers its space regularly to writing groups, book clubs, and numerous community events
- Engages over 17,000 people each year from the greater Milwaukee area and beyond
- Has presented and supported thousands of local, regional, and international authors and artists
If you have benefited from our programs in the past, or have been touched in any way by the work we do, please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
THOSE WHO DONATE $35 OR MORE RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY YEAR-LONG MEMBERSHIP.Donate